JOY! Could my grand kids be any cuter?
They say that money can’t buy happiness and I believe this is true, but perhaps money can buy a bit of JOY? Look what I found at TJ Maxx for $12.99! I’ve seen these soldered metal letter signs at outdoor markets for $60-$75. I just love off-price shopping, the thrill of the hunt, the unexpected treasure.
I’m especially glad that this sign is fashioned in colors that are appropriate year round. I had it up all summer on my front porch and will happily display it again Christmas time.
But seriously, I do think that joy is a deeper more fulfilling and less fleeting emotion than happiness.
Here’s a bit of my Happy List:
- dark chocolate
- ice cream
- dining al fresco
- bacon and hash browns
- going to the movies
- losing 2 pounds
- a new outfit
- steak and baked potato with everything on it.
- going to the theater
Here’s a bit of my Joy List:
- My family. It has brought me great joy to watch my four girls grow and mature and start families of their own. And what a great joy and blessing it is to have them all live within 20 minutes.
- My parents and siblings. We truly like each other and it is with great JOY that we gather together for meals, family fun and memory making.
- Grand kids. I have 11. Their love is pure and watching them grow is a delight.
- Good friends. I have learned so much from the love and example of great friends and will continue to learn from them. Friends enrich my life.
- The Lord. I am richly blessed and know all that is good in my life comes from Him.
- Autumn. All of God’s creations are marvelous to behold but Autumn holds a special place in my heart.
- A job well done. After week and months of planning, designing and executing an event it is a JOY to see all that hard work culminate in the event that I envisioned.
- Gardens. Over the years my gardens and flower pots have brought me much JOY as I plant, anticipate, harvest, deadhead and enjoy the fruits of all that effort.
- Walks with my Mom and sisters. An early morning walk is the perfect opportunity for some intimate and heartfelt conversation.
I could go on but I invite you to share what brings you JOY. Feel free to comment and please post photos of what gives you joy on my Pinterest board titled JOY.