Dietary cleanses are all the rage today.
How about a Clutter Cleanse?
Step 1- De-clutter
* Choose an area to purge. Pick the room, the drawer, the shelf, that’s driving you the most
crazy. Or choose a spot that you can deal with quickly so you can enjoy a quick victory.
* First you’ll need to gather supplies. You’ll need lots of large trash bags or a large lined
trash can. The goal is to fill these several times.
* Next you’ll need a work space to sort stuff into or onto. A large bed, a large table or even
a sheet spread on the floor will work. Another option is to use large containers
(boxes, tubs, laundry baskets) to sort into.
* Label the containers or the work area with these categories:
– Shred. Make sure you have a shredder that won’t burn up. If you have a large amount of shredding
use a mobile shredding service.
– Donate/Give Away
– Put Away (these are for items that have migrated to the wrong space and belong somewhere else)
– Repair (if it’s truly worth the hassle & expense)
– Consign/Sell (I don’t think garage sales are usually worth the time and effort involved, but you
might have things that are actually worth listing on Craig’s List or taking to a consignment shop)
* Sort your stuff into the above categories. Then deal with each category one at a time.
* Take trash and recyclables to the curb… good riddance!
* Take donations right out to your car so you won’t be tempted to keep them.
* Schedule a day to drop repairs and consignment items at the appropriate shop.
This is the time to also drop off items that can’t be recycled at the curb.
* Put belongings away in the right room. If that room needs to be organized, at least those
things are in the general vicinity for the time being.
* Take photos of items for sale and post on Craig’s List.
Hey! Now that you’re in the mood to de-clutter
you need my 10 Favorite Clutter Busting Tips!
Get them Right Now, Right HERE!
Wahoo! You’ve done the hard part… you let go of your stuff!
CLICK the NEXT PAGE arrow & learn where to start.